If you are bothered by sagging, loose skin on your neck, then a neck lift surgery procedure, may provide you the solution. You may hear neck lift surgery referred to as cervicoplasty (to remove excess skin) or platysmaplasty (to tighten loose neck muscles). Cosmetic surgeons will perform one or both of these procedures to tighten loose neck muscles and remove excess, sagging skin, restoring a smoother, firmer, and better-defined appearance to the neck.
A neck lift procedure is typically performed as an outpatient procedure under general anesthesia or intravenous sedation. Your cosmetic surgeon will make a small incision behind each ear, and depending on your needs may also make a third small incision underneath the chin. Through these incisions, the surgeon will tighten the neck muscles and/or underlying tissues and remove excess, sagging skin to restore a smoother, firmer, and more youthful appearance to the neck.
Why get a neck lift in Turkey?
According to the Turkish Healthcare Travel Council, over 750,000 inbound patients from 144 countries choose Turkey for medical service annually. The popularity of the Neck lift in Turkey is also increasing.
You can consider the reasons why women from over the world choose Turkey to do a neck lift.
- Technologically-advanced hospitals
Starting from 2003, the Turkish Ministry of Health launched the Program for Health Support Sector Transformation to increase the financing into the sector and improve the quality of healthcare.
This initiative gave a result, nowadays more than 50 medical centers in Turkey are JCI (Joint Commission International) accredited. This is confirmation that the hospital follows the strict world’s standards in medicine.
Currently, Turkish hospitals have achieved the level of top facilities in the USA, Europe, and Asia.
The equipment is renovated every 1-3 years to provide accurate medical procedures. Due to this, a woman who wants to get a neck lift in Turkey can be sure of its high quality.
- Affordable prices
The local government does everything possible to make Turkey a top destination for medical tourism in the world offering an advanced level of medicine at affordable prices.
And however, the general price policy within the country is not high — accommodation, meals, transport are quite inexpensive in Turkey.
As a result, the prices for medical services in Turkey (including for neck lift ) are 4-5 times lower than in the USA, and 2-3 times than in Germany, Austria, Spain, South Korea, or Israel
- Experienced doctors
One more reason to get a neck lift in Turkey is the expert doctors and medical staff that work in the hospital serving international tourists regularly practice in the US and European medical facilities to interchange the experience and apply the newest technologies.
In addition, many Turkish plastic surgeons are members of international organizations such as the ISAPS (International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery) which gathers top specialists from over the world.
- Extra services
Turkey is a customer-friendly country. Local clinics for plastic surgery offer a wide range of additional services for free.
For instance, accommodation, transfer at the airport, language assistance are already included in the neck lift price. Some clinics are even more generous — they offer spa procedures, meals, and even excursion tours.
Neck Lift Procedures in Turkey
Depending on the degree of change you’d like to see, your neck lift choices include a traditional neck lift incision or a limited incision neck lift.
A traditional neck lift incision
often begins around the hairline at the level of the sideburn, continues down and around the ear and ends in the posterior hair. Fat may be sculpted or redistributed from the jowls and neck.
The tissue underlying the neck skin is repositioned, and commonly the platysma muscle is tightened. Skin is draped over the uplifted contours and excess skin is trimmed away. A separate incision under the chin is often necessary for the liposuction of this area and for the repair of the muscle. Sutures or skin adhesives close the incisions.
A limited incision neck lift
may involve incisions only around the ear. While the incisions are shorter, the results may be more limited.
Incision lines are closed with sutures and perhaps skin glue. Sutures may be dissolving or may need to be removed after a few days. Once healed, the incision lines from a neck lift are usually well concealed within the hairline and in the natural contours of the ear.
The visible improvements of a neck lift appear as swelling and bruising subside. Your final neck lift result should not only restore a more youthful and rested appearance but also help you feel more confident about yourself.
Recovery Time of Neck Lift
- Day 1 – Neck lift surgery can take a few hours and is usually an outpatient procedure. This means the day of your surgery is also the start of your neck lift recovery time. On this day, you will be in the hospital for several hours after surgery, ensuring that you do not have any reactions to the anesthetic or other problems. Once it is clear that it is safe to go home, you’ll be discharged with instructions for your care.
- Day 2 – Real recovery begins on day two, your first full day home from the hospital. Because the medications used during surgery still have lingering effects on day one, it may be day two before you start to truly feel the soreness from your neck lift. This won’t be worse than what you would expect from any surgery, but it will most likely be noticeable.
- Take your medications as directed and take it easy. Do not press on your face and be sure to sleep on your back with your head elevated about your heart. Also, be sure to avoid pressing ice to the neck as this can cause skin death.
- Day 3 to 7 – Usually on day three, you will return to your plastic surgeon’s office so they can check on how your neck lift recovery is progressing. During the rest of the first week, you should be focused on relaxing, changing your bandages, and doing things to promote healing. Eat healthy foods and generally take care of yourself. Stay away from work and strenuous activities
- Day 8 to 14 – Many people will return to work after a week, though this can vary depending on your field of work, as there may be lingering bruising. For this week, you should be able to be more active, but at the same time not push it too hard. Avoid stress as much as possible and eat well. Keep in mind that what to expect from neck lift recovery varies between clients and you should listen to your body.
- Day 18 to 42 – Over the course of the first six weeks after surgery, you should steadily heal and find that your bruising and swelling goes down significantly. With each week that passes, you can also be more active and eventually be able to touch the face and neck without issue.
Before and After Photos
Cost of a Neck Lift in Turkey
Turkey has been long known as the most renowned country in the medical tourism industry.
The doctors, surgeons, and health clinics in Turkey have received tons of recognition from people around the world.
It is because those clinics always deliver excellent services, including the neck lifting procedure. And the price does not come exclusively only to riches. And It can be one of the most affordable prices in terms of this procedure.
The cost of Neck-Lift in Turkey starts from $2,500 to $4,500 or can be more depending on the cases of each. Some clinics include the accommodations, meals, and transfer in the package so that their packages would be more expensive than others which do not include those.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!